At our church meetings we do things you might expect if you’ve been to church before. We listen to God’s word from the bible. We hear a bible talk that helps us think about how God’s word asks us to respond. We speak to God in prayer. We sing songs that praise God and affirm what we believe about him. And we spend time just being together in community, helping each other to grow as followers of Jesus.
On any given Sunday, at any of our church services, you can expect the following:
- At the door you’ll be greeted and given a news sheet. The news sheet will help you follow along with our bible time, and also contains information about what’s happening at church. If you have any questions about church, feel free to ask at the door!
- Feel free to sit anywhere! There’s space up the back for young families that you are welcome to make use of.
- During NSW school term, Kids for Christ and crèche will be on. The service leader will announce when and where these will be on. All our children’s teachers and helpers are trained and have passed a police check.
- There’s a collection of money at each service. This funds the ministry of our church, and some is given away to gospel work locally and overseas. If you’re visiting, don’t feel like you need to contribute. If you’ve filled out a information slip or Connect Card, you can leave that in the collection instead.
- After church (or during, at 10.30 Church) there will be refreshments. Please join us. If you have any questions, this is a good time to talk to the service leaders or pastors you saw up the front during the service.
We’re all for Jesus.
Colossians chapter 1 tells us that all things are made through Jesus, and that all things are made for Jesus. It is God’s intention to give Jesus the supremacy in all things.
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross… Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.
Colossians 11.15-20, 28 (ESV)
God’s agenda for the world is centred on Jesus. God’s plan for his church are centred on Jesus. To this end the church strives—to proclaim the gospel so as to see people transferred into his kingdom and transformed toward maturity in Christ.
Our intention is that God’s agenda is our agenda. We’re all for exalting Jesus. We want all people to follow Jesus. And we want to live all of life for Jesus. So we’re all for Jesus.